03 Civic Coupe/rsx Type-s Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pskillz

:blink: Can a rsx type-s k20a2 engine with manual six tranny go into an '03 civic coupe chassis and what problems may it present?

OOOOHHHH yes it can.... hasport has one as well as few other individuals, you have to have the rsx-s subframe, as well as the complete swap. The other things that are needed are the haspot mounts and accessory harnesses. You have to re-route your fuel lines and brake lines, as well as give up powe steering and I believe a/c. Check more into at www.7thgencivic.com or at hasport.
:D :D :D

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@May 17 2003, 11:57 PM
No it cant. Thats your problem.

Wrong. It can, but it's a pain... go read my article in the FAQ section.

Hey it can be done but I wouldnt say its worth it, my friend just did a k20 swap to a 02 4 door civic, the place charged him like 12 grand for swap, mounts, intake exhast springs, and rims so they so it was like 9 grand all together for just the motor swap and hes running 16's. His best time was a 15.9. With his stock motor he ran 16.70's so i think it was 12 gs down the drain. I'd go with b or h series anyday

Originally posted by KeLeMi821+Mar 28 2004, 09:00 PM-->
horsekiller
@May 21 2003, 03:12 PM
Hey it can be done but I wouldnt say its worth it, my friend just did a k20 swap to a 02 4 door civic, the place charged him like 12 grand for swap, mounts, intake exhast springs, and rims so they so it was like 9 grand all together for just the motor swap and hes running 16's. His best time was a 15.9. With his stock motor he ran 16.70's so i think it was 12 gs down the drain. I'd go with b or h series anyday

i think it should run faster than 16s... doesn't the a stock RSX type S run mid 15s? so if that into a civic it's lighter so it should be able to run at least 15s

The Civic isn't lighter than the RSX-S, if it is it's not by much. but I've also never seen the new Si run anything better than 16s.

Holy dead thread resurrection Batman! This isn't QUITE a new record, but it's pretty damn close....

Import Builders was the first one in the entire world to accompish that swap successfully, error free.

2002 Civic Coupe, RSX Type_S engine. Boatload of work. That was probably like 6 months before hasport.

Guy drive it home to texas 2 hours after it was done.

We don;t work on cars anymore, we just did that one for fun.

It cost me about 10k in total parts for it though. We put the entire subframe from an actual RSX Type-S directly onto the civic!

It fit perfectly. Got new axles, which were extinct at the time, and very expensive, a RSX Type-S brand new radiator, made the mounts, got a intake filter for it, because nobody made an intake for it yet, and made a custom exhaust for it.

re-wired the entire ECU to work perfectly WITH the immobilizer, which we reprogramed legally at the dealer!

ran just like a damn stock RSX!

but it was cool as heck.

No doubt, that guy was a movie star for a long time I bet!

IB Strikes again! lol.

Jeff

Originally posted by jdmports@May 19 2003, 12:05 AM
OOOOHHHH yes it can.... hasport has one as well as few other individuals, you have to have the rsx-s subframe, as well as the complete swap. The other things that are needed are the haspot mounts and accessory harnesses. You have to re-route your fuel lines and brake lines, as well as give up powe steering and I believe a/c. Check more into at www.7thgencivic.com or at hasport.
:D :D :D

Once again it has been proven - with enough money/time you can do anything to a car.

What I want to know is why oh why would anyone put that much money in to such a crapy car? That in the end is not even very fast? I don't get it. Where is the part where you are satasified? I would have rather spent the time and money mounting a nsx motor in the back of a Crx at least it would be cool. Then new civic doesn't even look as nice as the old one. Oh well to each is own

you can fit an rsx-s in a new civic ... you need a custom clutch line, Si radiator, new fan, subframe and complete swap. If you are doing a type-s swap, you need axles and the 5 lug conv... if not, then u need Si hubs.

15.9? the guy must have had an Si swap and been a shitty driver

I'm back, finally but I just wanted to say that a RSX-S runs mid 14's stock, so the guy put a K20A3 in his ride. I own an 02 SI, and the engine does suck, BTW, but a swap will take care of everything.

Back