vx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slorg

Hi after dealing with my stupid vx engine y swapped an ex engine to my vx hb some sensors y coulnt wire them to the new engine ,and 2 litle hoses that i think they where conected to the vx engine intake manifold i could not conect them to the ex intake manifold.but y can feel the ex engine better than the vx engine and i kept the same vx tranny to the ex engine and i installed a p28 ecu. but i have 1 problem that when i shift from 1st to 2nd gear my car rpms drop low and i dont feel it so fast because the gears are very long. is it better to get an ex tranny???. and also the check engine is on, and the car is running very rich
please help!!

The VX tranny is geared for economical use. It's gears are tall so you don't burn gas and so you can sail along on the freeway at around 1800 RPM and get 45 mpg. So yes, the EX tranny IS a better option. It has halfway decent gearing and will not make you feel like you're bogging all the time.

What he said, and the two hoses and plugs you couldn't find homes on the EX were the EGR system from the VX, the EX doesn't use them.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 9 2003, 09:08 AM
What he said, and the two hoses and plugs you couldn't find homes on the EX were the EGR system from the VX, the EX doesn't use them.

Get an ex or si tranny. I just removed the black box since it will not be used.

Here's a pic of the EGR box if anyone cares.

fba6b413.jpg

Back