all track monster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95integra gsr

ok, i just got a 91 crx si for $100, i am wanting to make it a track car, i mean all the way, its getting stripped down, and a cage will be installed, i was wandering if i could get some of your opiinions on which motor woulld be the best to go with, no keep in mind im am goin for single digit time slips, it has to be turbo compatible and nitrous freindly, so i was wondering what would be a good platform to build off of?

thanx
daniel

ifd ya got the cash got for a b18 dart block. nigass tubo, intermals etc. will hold 25 psi easily and should pull you into the high 9's

h22 all the way. no replacement for displacement. can't beat an h22 stroked to 2.6l and turbo'd.

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 26 2003, 06:39 AM
nigass tubo, intermals etc.

:eek:fftopic: what the fuck is a nigass? :eek: are you racist? :unsure: j/k :lol:

:eek:ntopic:

2nd vote for H22...no replacement for displacement...artificial or not. :) Don't just go for Horsepower numbers, go for torque numbers too. the B18 is good, but H22s create more torque at lower RPMs. :worthy:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 26 2003, 02:19 AM
2nd vote for H22...no replacement for displacement...artificial or not. :) Don't just go for Horsepower numbers, go for torque numbers too. the B18 is good, but H22s create more torque at lower RPMs. :worthy:

From what i hear H22 tranny's suck ass with high horsepower. So he'd have to use some sort of custom fab tranny set up. Bseries trannies are stronger, holding power wise. The Bseries will be better for an all-track monster cuz they are lighter and wont have to be penalized cuz of the displacement and/or weight. Most racing sanctions have rules and such so Bseries all the way for an all-track monster.

I say use an LS block with an SIR II head - build that and turbo it.

Back