My new job....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
Well, as im still waiting for the electrician's job to come through, rather for my former supervisors to approve my re-entry into the job i went AWOL from (and burned quite a few bridges in)

Two weeks ago i went to a temp. agency and interviewed and put my resume in. They called me back yesterday, and as of today I am an official Administrative Assistant to one of the Attorneys in a Property Management Corporation. 19.00
an hour, temp to hire. Im going to be busting my ass off so that hopefully in 6 months i can get hired permanently.

The best part of it all, is that the attorney im working for, specializes in Corporate Law, which is my main area of interest.

Anyways, i have been out of work for a year now, and it is very hard getting used to waking up at 5am in the morning and not getting home untill 6pm.

And to top it off, im tired as fuck right now.....

On the plus side, wearing a suit and tie, sure beat the FUCK out of coming home tired and dirty in electricians clothes. This is my first introduction to the corporate enviroment.....

It is going to take some getting used to....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 30 2003, 11:09 PM
On the plus side, wearing a suit and tie, sure beat the FUCK out of coming home tired and dirty in electricians clothes. This is my first introduction to the corporate enviroment.....

It is going to take some getting used to....

i like getting dirty at work, when i wore a suit to work i went home feeling like i didn't really do anything.

:lol: I'd kill to wear a suit on a daily basis and that's what I probably will do when I finish school.

That's awesome, glad to hear you got into a field you like, and you will be able to maybe expand and get on full time.

As for myself, I once finish high school get to start an internship at a highly decorated architectual and building firm in downtown seattle.

Well, for half my time, yes i am a over-glorified secretary....

for the other half im a lean mean lexis nexis/westlaw researchin' machine :lol:

Im hoping to get to the point where i will be allowed to take depositions and other menial legal tasks normally assigned to the paralegals of the group.

more responsibility= more $$$$$$$$

Congrats on your new job Tony! Long hours, but it'll be definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 30 2003, 11:07 PM
Well, as im still waiting for the electrician's job to come through, rather for my former supervisors to approve my re-entry into the job i went AWOL from (and burned quite a few bridges in)

Two weeks ago i went to a temp. agency and interviewed and put my resume in. They called me back yesterday, and as of today I am an official Administrative Assistant to one of the Attorneys in a Property Management Corporation. 19.00
an hour, temp to hire. Im going to be busting my ass off so that hopefully in 6 months i can get hired permanently.

The best part of it all, is that the attorney im working for, specializes in Corporate Law, which is my main area of interest.

Anyways, i have been out of work for a year now, and it is very hard getting used to waking up at 5am in the morning and not getting home untill 6pm.

And to top it off, im tired as fuck right now.....

are ou trying to be a union electrician? I started my apprenticeship 6 months ago and I love it. Coming home dirty isn't even a big deal, thats why you have two civics, one for work and one thats nice (and at prevailing wage in chigaco a second car wasn't a problem)

sorry baker, i was a SCAB when i was working for the city as an electrician. no union....just fucking lausd buerocracy (sp?) at its finest....

they are very vindictive where im from, and i honestly doubt they will ever call me back....

fuck em. they are the reason for all of my "mental" and physical conditions i have right now. they put me through hell, so they can take their blue collar jobs and go fuckthemselves.

i may be tired when i walkin my front door at night, but at least im not covered in dirt, asbestos, lead and back aching from 10 different wire pulls.

im going to try and stay corporate for as long as possible.

those guys on office space dont know how good they had it :lol:

besides, i counted no less that 4 different HOT blonde and brunette chicks today smiling at me when i passed them on the elevator and in the lobby of the highrise where i work at. :D

damn i look good in a shirt and tie :p

sure beats looking at homely 2nd and 3rd grade teachers when im going a panel change in a classroom full of no respect having 9 year old bastards whose fisrt glimpse of light from their mothers womb should have been from the end of a abortion vacuum cleaner.....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 31 2003, 12:37 AM
...no respect having 9 year old bastards whose fisrt glimpse of light from their mothers womb should have been from the end of a abortion vacuum cleaner...

:bo:

Congratulations Tony! The corporate world has its own share of demons- probably more than the blue collar world... but I'll let you find out about those yourself. Maybe you'll get lucky and dodge them at your law firm.

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 31 2003, 01:11 AM
Congratulations Tony! The corporate world has its own share of demons- probably more than the blue collar world... but I'll let you find out about those yourself. Maybe you'll get lucky and dodge them at your law firm.

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

thanks cal....

what demons are you talking about? the "political machine" ????

i dont play politics....

what you see, is what you get pretty much with me. im everybody's friend untill 4:30 when i walk out the front door and dont talk to anyone untill 7:30 am the next day.

Back