exhaust fitment ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

ok first off will an after market exhaust from a 1997 civic coupe fit a 1991 crx? the reason for this ? is i can get a 5zigen exhaust off a civic at my job i just have to get the stock exhaust to replace it from a junk yard. any info would help. they look to be routed the same under the cars except for the exiting tip will come out the right side of the crx.

probably not, i think they exit on opposite sides... hmmm think about it? the newer civic is longer than the older one... hmm I dont know

Also, the Coupe is nearly 2 feet longer than a CRX... You'd have to do some major cut/weld action IF the other angles actually lined up.

i dont know if the guy put the wrong exhaust on the civic or not but i took the exhaust off the civic and matched it to my car and the routing is the same its just about a foot too long on the cat side. which could easily be modified to fit . thanks for all the replies even the so called smart lil remarks. thats what make this place the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed a 95 EX coupe Hiper exhaust on an 89 DX sedan/B18 & it was a fairly easy fit. The midpipe matched perfectly on my sedan & of course the rear section had to be cut up & new pipe routed to the opposite side, but overall not a big prob.

Obviously as you've discovered your CRX has a shorter midpipe, but minus that all of the bends should line up just fine.

mep

Back