full synthetic tranny fluid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys hope you could help me out.......I just recently came across a case of fully synthetic ford motorcraft fluid...like 20 quarts. I have a y1 tranny can i use this in there? Everyone says honda tranny fluid only...does it really matter. Dont know if i should hold on to it or get rid of it. Let me know guys

wait, its tranny fluid, i read it wrong.

disregard my 1st post and

try it out see how it shifts.

sorry i didn't state manual tranny fluid. It is motor craft syn fluid.. it says is is for the focus. So no harm could be done. How often should i change it out?

manual honda trannies use regular 10/40 motor oil don't they?
if not, what do they use?
and where can i find redline?
does it work good?

honda manuals reccomend motor oil, but why would you want a shifter that feels like shit and a transmission that shifts like shit.

No harm should be done, IT is MANUAL tranny fluid right? You should flush a refill every 10-15k miles (thats what i do).

Alright, let me clear this up. I work at a lube shop so i know that most honda manual trannys use 10W-30 motor oil. Do not use the ford oil. BTW i didn't really understand if u said it was for auto or manual tranny. If it is ATF, then definately don't try it, unless you want to risk getting a new tranny

GM syncromesh with friction modifiers

I used Torco synthetic motorcycle tranny fluid. Worked like a charm, Bisi hooked me up with the info. D series trannies use 2 quarts

Oh, i forgot to mention
Honda Tranny fluid is just repackaged motorcycle transmission fluid

Older Honda trannies took 10w-30. New ones need OEM fluid and it is a recommended replacement for everything they make. Alot of OEM products for various manufacturers are not necessary, above all others, Honda's MTF and ATF are unique and Necessary. I've had cars than slamed gears on autos and grind on manuals that clear up eith the right fluid. Don't skimp, it's cheaper than a rebuild to follow the advice of some very educated designers.

hmm, i had some shit in my tranny...shifted like crap and just jumped*(if you know what i mean), I drained it, and filled it with 5w30 mobil 1 moor oil. Shift pretty damn good now. Next oil change its gonna be honda mtf, and penzoil synthtic 10w-30 oil.

Back