Better of the motor Mounts for B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now I know everyone likes HASPort.. but 400 bones is steep...

I guess some place that starts with a "P" sells them.. and so do various onlime places like jimsfab and others...

Anyone Not have the hasport ones and there ok...

I will not be doing anything else in the engine bay besides the B18A1 swap and nitrous...

the palce your thinkin about that starts with a P is probly place racing, their websight however has been under construction for like 2 years

place racing mounts suck. they sit the motors wierd

if you can' afford hasports, try jdmshit.com

not trying to contredict what pissedoffsol said but i have the place racing mounts and i think the motor sits fine they are nice too clean product anyways thats just my opinion from first hand experience. peace -mike

by the way im using them on my b18 also.

I have done 3 full B series swaps on 4th/2nd gen Civics/CRX. Two of which we used HASport mounts, the swaps went smoothly with out a hitch, and are still using the same mounts to this day, one is a CRX B18C producing ~ 195 WHP. The 3rd swap we used placeracing mounts, first off the mounts did not fit right and had to be sent back to place racing, 4 weeks later we got them back, they are located in the same state as us. Then the second set one of the mounts was entirely wrong, this time it only took 10 days to get the right one to us. After much struggle we finally go the b16 in the 90 hatchback, and we had all wished that HASport mounts were purchased for the swap. These are my personal experiences with Placeracing, others may have had different experiences, but I am done with that company, plus it has been well over a year and still no website.
Now a few people I have met are using HCP mounts, they say they like them, and have had few problems with them, if you are worried about the cash you might want to look into them, but I have no first hand experience with them.

:cliffs:

Placeracing = :thumbsdown:
HASport = :thumbsup:
HCP = :shrug2:

My buddy is putting a b16 in for this guy & he got the place racing mounts. You need spacers for the driver side mount & the rear mount didn't line up correctly. The kid wants his car done though so we are going to correct place racings mistakes. Hasport on the other had has done nothing but good for us.

I just dropped a b18c1 into my 89 crx and used the hasport mounts worked perfect. I picked mine up on ebay for $315 shipped, so check around and you can save yourself a little money.
Chris

I use the Place Racing mounts. I had no problems with them for my B16 CRX. I like the way they make the engine sit in the bay too. It looks stock. Not too high like some other mounts (make the engine hit the hood). I dont install engines for a living or anything like that..just eltting you know abt my experience with Place Racings mounts.

jimfab.com doesnt make swap mounts they just make mounts that go on the underside that work with either b series or d series they are well worth what they cost though i have a set super hard for the rear motor mount and hard in front they dont make the inside of the car rattle that much although there is a little bit of difference

i'm using HCP mounts. they are pretty beefy when compared to the placeracing ones. motor sits nice. axles line up nice. no complaints. just not very "eye candy-ish"

I dunno, aluminum motor mounts seem a little cheap. I definatly dont agree with "quality isnt cheap, you get what you pay for." Price nor namebrand denotes quality. Hasport mounts are nice, I like em, they fit very nicely and they look excellent, but they are still 3 aluminum mounts in place of 4 steel mounts. They're way overpriced, come on aluminum is cheap, it only cost 98 cents a pound. I got a set of chromemoly STEEL mounts from some dudes in NY, perfect axel angle, 2" of hood clearance, bolted on slicker than greased snot, AND i got 'em for like 170 bucks shipped. But I aint got any quams with someone spending $500 or more on a thing like motor mounts, just makes me feel better when i save a crap load of money on a similar part. But thats just my $1.25. ;)

The advantage of billet alluminum mounts is that they have no welds making them stronger and more reliable than welded steal mounts.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 10 2004, 11:03 PM
place racing mounts suck. they sit the motors wierd

I will have to agree. The one experance that I had with place racing, the mounts holes were a tad off, maybe by a few millimeters, however, with a little forcing it when on. Later when I was doing the lower trans bracket, the bolts were EXTREMLY hard to thread. I think that when we forced the top trans mount (placeracing), it rotated the engine just slightly, and that made the lower trans brackets holes slightly off.

There is no way that aluminum is stronger than steel, welded or not. It may be close to cold or hot rolled steel (depending on the grade of aluminum) but no where close to higher quality steels. I worked in a foundry for 2 years and their machine shop for 2 years, it doesnt make me an expert, but I did learn a few things while I was there. You wouldnt believe the tensile streinght of good nickel steel (some where around 172,000 psi) even low grade hot rolled steel has a tensile streinght of 64,000 psi, Heat treated aluminium only has a tensile streinght of 15,000 psi. Tells you something doesen't it?

we all know that steel is stonger then alluminum, but the strength of the welds that is the problem. as a whole, a solid one piece aluminum mount is stronge then a welded steel mount. the steel mount will tear at the welds, where its only like 1/8th of an inch thick as oppsed to tearing through a piece of aluminum thats like an inch thick. also the alluminum is easier to machine into solid peices then the steel is, and its lighter.

i got these billet mounts off ebay for 250 shipped. i put a 93b18a1 in my 90 si hatch. a stage 2 centerfource clutch. she was nice. very very little vibration. Nice for an everyday car with a swap. Hasport,Placeracing are good for alot more hsp. .. i just dont like the way they shake my dashboard and my hole car at idle.. kinda like my car is falling apart.

Back