Check out the new Prototype!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Here's a new Honda prototype that I whipped up tonight (on Cinema 4D the god of 3d Programs). It is to be called the CR-T or the Civic Revolution: Turbo (if you couldn't tell by the picutre). Tell me what you think. Its not done, so the air dams and stuff arn't filled with radiators/intercoolers/shit. Its supposed to be powered a mid engine V8 or I6 VTEC twin turbo with RWD. I know Honda would never produce such a car..but its fun to dream.

s400e1c32d1f73.jpg

that is sick man. it kinda looks like a mclaren, lotus and that special ford car in gt2 thta white and blue one that you cant buy, only win, all mixed together.

I would rock it. especially if it had a bored out 3.5L turbo NSX motor in it with a 6 sp driving the rear wheels with a near 50/50 weight distribution, that cost under 40k and made times like mid 12s. :)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 20 2004, 11:13 PM
I would rock it. especially if it had a bored out 3.5L turbo NSX motor in it with a 6 sp driving the rear wheels with a near 50/50 weight distribution, that cost under 40k and made times like mid 12s. :)

Hehehe, well aren't we just the ever eager optomist.

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jan 21 2004, 02:26 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 20 2004, 11:13 PM

Hehehe, well aren't we just the ever eager optomist.

:nod:

That would be my perfect dream Honda. :yes: :concur: :D

looks to me like a GT40 meets the 2nd gen eclipse, nice looking but I would go with who ever said make the new CRX...Well finish that one first, then start on the new CRX.

oh yeah, the work looks great!!! Wanna make me a few pictures??? basic photoshop stuff...

I don't do digital images anymore, so I won't comment on how it looks like an elephant sat on the passenger side of the roof...

From a design standpoint, how the hell are you going to put a V8 or a I-6TT in the middle of a CRX? The soul of the CRX is light and playful, not heavy and hard to drive. If you were able to keep it under 2200 lbs. (which you won't be able to because of airbags, ABS, and all that other shit), you'd be well advised to either use an NA 1.6L engine, or a quick spooling 1.3L turbocharged engine. Also, if it's mid engine, why are you putting the IC up front? And the radiator air inlet vs. outlets? Whoa! Inlet area should be 25- 50% of the core area, and the outlet area should be ~200% of the core area to ensure proper airflow through the core. What you have there would allow the air to stagnate in front of the inlet, creating a big turbulence bubble, affecting the dynamic stability of the car.

Without doing a wind tunnel test or at least a computer model of the aerodynamics of the vehicle I don't think you can properly judge whether the car would be dynamically stable.

I highly doubt the air would create a vacuum in front of the car as you say, It's almost impossible. The splitter if close enough to the ground would allow for the air to be forced into the opening that's proposed for the radiator or innercooler and the air would flow over the top of the car as well as create a vacuum underneath the vehicle, but it's also impossible to tell without a mathematical model.

I can agree that the proposed design would most likely not be aerodynamically sound and the air path might not even flow thru the proposed opening for the radiator or innercooler.

The vehicle if designed with the proper material could be well under 2500Lbs.
The car would be expensive as hell but it could be done.

but all this speculation is pointless as it's a pipe dream in a 3D design studio.

Not vacuum. High pressure. If the outlet won't allow the volume of air going through the inlet to escape, it'll create a high pressure area, causing the air in the duct to stagnate because air will hit the high pressure area and be deflected. I'm not saying it wouldn't be dynamically stable, but I'm saying that the turbulance in front of the car WILL affect it.

I've designed and flown quite a few RC aircraft and have had a say in how a full scale experimental aircraft was built, and I've always had this uncanny ability to be able to visualize how air flows around objects.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 21 2004, 10:57 AM
Not vacuum. High pressure. If the outlet won't allow the volume of air going through the inlet to escape, it'll create a high pressure area, .

now I forgot about that

:) And the reason for the outlet being four to five times larger than the inlet is to create a low pressure area. Since high pressuer ALWAYS moves towards low pressure, this will ensure that the high pressure inlet air moves through the radiator and out the outlet. An added benefit to this, is if you do it right, you can eliminate the high pressure area at the base of the windshield, which will reduce the drag the wipers create. :)

Back