Is this shop trying to mess with me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Alright so this is what happend..

My car was backed into, I take it to the shop to get it fixed, I also have him put in a new transmission, because my 3rd gear is absolutely fucked, and I also tell him I want a stage 2 clutch I gave him all the information and everything.

He said he could take care of it and order it for me..

So i get the car back yesterday and i get in and drive.. Okay the transmission is perfect..but the clutch, okay but It feels the exact same as it did when I took it in, and I'm like 99% sure wouldn't a stage 2 clutch be alot stiffer? and wouldn't I notice a difference even if he put in a new clutch? I dont think he put anything in there at all and he is still stating he put one in there..So what signs would I be able to tell if he even stuck one in there? Because is feels the exact same..

what would you guys suggest I do?

you'd definiately tell the differance with a more agressive clutch. but stage 2 really dosen't mean nothing. i mean, different company's have differen't stages or whatever. you'd have to be company spicific when ordering your clutch if going by "stages" or whatever. but i know that like clutch master has a clutch that is just about stock. so depending on if he did actually get you an aftermarket clutch, you might not be able to tell much of a difference, but you still should be able to tell somewhat. you should just go ask him about it.

Yea but i mean it doesnt feel any different.. Shouldn't I atleast be able to tell a difference if it was new and needed to be broke in?

If its not too late ask for the old parts back. You should always ask for the original parts. Even if they are junk it will settle your mind about being scammed.

what kind of clutch did he supossedly get?

if you have a 94 civic which i think you do, you have a hydro tranny, and when you have a hydro tranny clutches dont feel as tough as if you had a cable tranny

these are the clutches that i have personally felt in a hydro set up

Centerforce- almost exactly the same as stock, pedle pressure is the same, there is barely any difference in the engagement, prolly wouldnt be able to tell the difference

Act- pedle pressure maybe like 30-40% tougher, and has a much harsher engagement.

Exedy- peddle pressure 40-50% tougher the engagement is insane, even when you try to feather this clutch it, slams in.

this is to get you an idea of how the different clutches vary so if he said he got you a exedy dont beleive him, but if he said he got you a centerforce i would prolly believe him

Okay, but still there is a break end period and it feels the same as when i dropped it off should something feel different?

ask for your old parts back, and then match the serial numbers up if they are visible.

and break it in.

Did he put just a new disk in?? Just an idea, but if the pressure plate is still stock (he would have saved himself quite a bit of money) than it is more likely to fell stock. However, depending on which exact disk it is, it would still grab a little differently.

By Stage Two I'm assuming that you asked for a ClutchMasters, in that case you wouldn't notice that much difference in pedal feel.

Back