My new pistons and rods...

?

• You suck Mike&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
Here are some pictures of my new pistons and rods from last week. They're at the machine shop right now with the block...

The pistons are made by CP, and are from Import Builders. The static compression in my new engine setup will be 12.77:1. The coatings are by Swain Technology. The tops are coated with their Thermal Barrier Coat, and the skirts are done with their low friction PC-9 coating.

The rods are Import Builders' "Ultralite" rods- which in reality are Probe Ultralite rods. They're about 15-20% lighter than the Eagle H beam rods.

Here come the pics:

Pistons:

cp_pistons_med_01.jpg

cp_pistons_med_02.jpg

cp_pistons_med_08.jpg

cp_pistons_med_09.jpg

cp_pistons_med_11.jpg

cp_pistons_med_13.jpg

cp_pistons_med_07.jpg

Rods, Eagle vs new Probe (Eagle = H beam, Probe = I beam)

probe_rods_med_01.jpg

probe_rods_med_10.jpg

probe_rods_med_11.jpg

probe_rods_med_19.jpg

brc80- hopefully a lot longer than the last one. :)

DTEC- thanks man! I'm still reaching for that 250whp target and the sweet broad power curve.

Thanks E! :thumbsup:

DTEC- the head is all stock for now. Stage 2 for me after the bottom end is done will be all the head work. I'm planning to use Toda C cams, matching cam gears and valvetrain, custom port/polish by someone I trust- P&P with the intake manifold also. The combustion chambers in the head will also be ceramic coated, just like the pistons.

very nice, about time some peeps went with teh Swains, they are on my list if i ever decided to build from within for sure....

good luck mang :thumbsup:

Thanks JD! Swain does really good work... my old roommate got his turbo manifold coated by them a few years ago, and it was absolutely beautiful. It's really not expensive either. This was their best skirt coating and their next to best top coating (Gold coat is somewhat temperamental), and it only cost $38 per piston.

Back