H22A Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenPower86

I was wondering when building an H22A, if u stroke it out to a 2.6 liter what will it redline at, and what all can u do to the motor to keep it street legal but power adders, such as header, cams, port match intake manifold and the exhaust manifold to the head, bigger injectors, new high compression pistons, i was think endyne but open to suggestion. Individual throttle bodies could be a possibility depends on budget, i am just curious as to how all of this could work out. I dont want the engine only revving to like 5 grand, because i would just be like a small block muscle car but without pushrods.

Any help would be appreciated

stroke doesn't change redline. the ecu does.

street legal depends on where you live. in cali, 98% of that is not legal. in florida, all of it is.

2.6 and an ITB setup, you are looking at dumping in at least 10-12 grand. are you ready for that?

2.6L stroking? wow, thats high. with the extra large displacement you might want to go with a custom header and ported manifold, or just larger itbs than what you would use on the stock displacement motor.

hehe, if you can get crower to make your stoker kit, it'll rev high. it stroke does matter with redline. not the rev limiter kind, but as in "OMG IT JUST BLEW THE FUCK UP" kind. and small blocks dont all rev to 5 grand. i resent that. lol. Crower told me, when i approached them about the stroker kit for my B18 to a 2.12 liter, that their bottom ends will easily rev to 10k rpms, and shouldn't have any problems with 600hp or any amount of boost i decide to dump on it. so, i'm awaiting the proper timing. hehe.

Ecu's just keep the redline in check. The valvetrain is the biggest variable in determining redline. Of 'course, the ecu does have to be able to keep up to the engine rpm's if it is to distribute spark and fuel effeciently.

very true, but then there is the issue of distributor not being able to keep up in rare instances of extreme RPM. you deff dont want valve float tho. good call.

yes you are right about the bored out blocks with high rev problems, but its not that severe. a 2.6 with the right valve train, forged rods too. you should safely hit 83-8500 rpms. remember BALANCE THE ROTATING ASSEMBLY! you should do just fine.

i have an h22 and i was thinking of doing a stroker kit 2.6.....and i wanted to know what my compression would be like using 11.5 pistons with the stroker kit....anyone know anything about this?

Originally posted by hellhatch00@Mar 29 2004, 02:47 PM
i have an h22 and i was thinking of doing a stroker kit 2.6.....and i wanted to know what my compression would be like using 11.5 pistons with the stroker kit....anyone know anything about this?

Hello. Whoever you are.

As a general rule of thumb, when stroking a motor by the crank, when you add 1 MM of stroke, you add about (generally) .1 compression. So going from like 90.7 to like 91.7 would bring you from like 11.5 to 11.6:1 same bore size. (generally)

from from 11.5:1 on a stock H22A crank, then going to a 99 MM stroke crank, with the same 87 MM bore size, you would go to about 12.4:1 or so.

you increase almost 9 MM, so you would increase about .9 compression, or almost 1 whole point. This is a general calculation, and is close.

Also, on finding out what you can rev the motor to, its fairly simple. you look at the PISTON SPEED.

What is the piston speed on a H22A at 8,000 RPM?
What is the piston speed of a 99 MM stroked H22A to EQUAL what the stock one was at 8,000 RPM.

You put your rev limiter there.

Have a nice day.

Jeff

Back