2002 Accord Any Swaps Available?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alshin2k4

Hi, I have a 2002 Accord VP ( even lower package than DX). It come with the F23 non-vtec engine and I am searching for a perfromance booster. I have not found any swaps for this car. Any Ideas?

get an OBD 2 H22A.

Turbo the F23.

H23

Any H or F series engine will fit. Just keep the car OBD2 for simplicity.

This is my first car and im kind of new to the swap thing. What do you mean by OBD? Plus I thought a H22 swap into a sixth gen accord requires extensive modifications.

Originally posted by Alshin2k4@Apr 25 2004, 04:05 PM
This is my first car and im kind of new to the swap thing. What do you mean by OBD? Plus I thought a H22 swap into a sixth gen accord requires extensive modifications.

You are OBD 2. The engine wiring is different from OBD 1 and 2. If you use an OBD 2 engine, then your wiring will change very little and be much less work.

There are three OBD's that relate to Hondas. OBD 0, OBD 1, and OBD 2. I have also heard something about 2a and 2b. Worth checking into if you decide on a swap. I'd ask in the electronics section about possible wiring problems.
Plus I thought a H22 swap into a sixth gen accord requires extensive modifications.

Well, I have not done a sixth gen. I'll make that clear. However, as far as I know, all H and F series engines bolt up. A six cylinder Accord would be a different ball game. Also, I don't know what you consider extensive. A little wiring is extensive to some people. Several of us have managed to do some swaps with little or no experience. It just takes three times as long....... :lol:

Also, swapping isn't that cheap. :ph34r:

By extensive I meant getting new engine mounts, maybe modding the bumper or wheel wells. Stuff that truthfully requires a professional or highly experienced tuner.

Nah, as long as you get the correct OBD engine for your car, and the right computer, you'd be fine. The swap does require a little wiring, harness modification, a different power steering hose, exhaust hookups, etc.......

I did mine as a newbie. I won't say it's easy, but there is a certain amount of satisfaction that comes with learning something new. Once you do the first one, everything seems easy.

Turbo isn't a bad option either. It would require more professional tuning, but I don't think it would be that bad.

Back