Which motor for forced induction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Elementdog

Whats up, I am starting my research on wether i want to do the ls/vtec, or use a B20 set up. Either setup is going to be a total rebuild set up for forced induction. Just curious what you guys think is the better powerplant to start with. Any suggestions are greatly apreciated. Later
Cracker

depends on your goals. b20 is probably not a good place to start though. they have weak ass sleeves. if you are looking for mild hp numbers like 350 or less, then just get an ls. if you are looking for crazy shit, then the B18c will help. if you are going to sleeve then you can start with any of those blocks. there is no right answer for the information you have given.

Well i am going to resleeve the motor, new rods, pistons...etc. B20 seems to make more sense. More displacement. For the head...I know that im not going to be getting into the higher rpms with the turbo, but it couldnt hurt to use a vtec head im assuming right. Anyway thanks for the help so far. Cracker

if you are sleeving... then a b18 or b20 will be the same. just bore either one to whatever you want. the only difference in the blocks is the bore. you really don't need an 85mm bore with turbo. i would suggest just doing 83mm. this will give you a little extra displacement and also maximum strenght for the sleeves. plus if you shit ever blows and you started at 85mm, then you may have problems overboreing. the vtec head would be worth upgrading around 350hp or so.

Back