starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

<_< alrite. heres the story.. i had my car running and then i had to fix the timing belt so i did that all right and now my car wont start.. it cranks but wont turn over.. i checked everything and they all seem fine. everything turns but there is no spark... im thinking it something electrical.. cuz sometimes theres no sparks... i used a new distrubitor, new spark plugs and wires but it still wont turn over or spark..i resetted the ecu and im out of ideas now.. any one know what is wrong give me a clue or some help.... :)

turn your motor to TDC on number 1 cylinder and open up your distributor cap. make sure that the rotor sits on the number one tooth. then put on your cap and onto your motor. sometimes the thing on the distributor is switched backwards and get a messed up ignition timing.

i did the same thing and have the same problem. can u give more details please what if it lines up right but still wont start. what else can u try.please help how do i know for sure that it is tdc on number one cylinder. and how do i tell if rotor is number one tooth

Originally posted by hondanamics@Sep 29 2004, 08:58 PM
i did the same thing and have the same problem. can u give more details please what if it lines up right but still wont start. what else can u try.please help how do i know for sure that it is tdc on number one cylinder. and how do i tell if rotor is number one tooth
[post=396445]Quoted post[/post]​

ne one

if u put a new timing belt on it u would want to double check your water pump and crank to make sure they are ready to roll when it is fired. They all have marks that are supposed to be lined up. pop your cap off and i believe tdc is when the rotor is pointed up and towards the left diagonally.

the cam timing marks should be line up on each other and the arrow pointing up says up, and the timing pointer to the white line on the crank pulley.

Back