Need Help choosing suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

EG Civic

My goal is to have a daily driver car that will be able to tackle the track.

I don't mind much about NVH, I don't really care for a comfortable ride.
I don't want to have race springs or drag racing coilovers.

Something I can take out on the track (kick ass at it) and be able to use on the street.

I don't mind if I have to use coilovers designed for the DC2 if they didn't make it for the EG.

I am planning it out and have decided upon the JIC-FLTA2 Coilovers, they retail @ $1,800. A punch in the gut, and the wallet.

Are there any other coilovers that would fit my need and not make a killing out of my wallet?

I'm looking for track rated coilovers with springs that come close to if not 10mm~kg front/7mm~kg rear.

Something track rated and streetable.

im running the tanabe sustec pro ss coilovers and i love them
i use my sol on the street and track (autoX / road course)
much better than any honda ive been in with teins

the omnipowers look good but no adjustability; which is good if you dont really know how to set it. the buddy club racing spec looks good and has 12kg/8kg combo; same as some tein RAs, and run for $1300 on some sites. thats pretty stiff for street; but theyre close to what the JICs are.

Edelbrock, tanabe, h&r, tokiko RAK kit, apex, hks....

All of those are cheaper than the JICs I believe. If it was me? The APEXs, tanabe, or the edelbrocks....

Also, if you want a killer setup for cheap, go with the suspension tech drop springs with the new tokiko D-spec shocks. Or use some ground controls for height adjustability. The d-specs are 16 way adjustable. Spending $1800 on some JICs seems like overkill for a street car.

Back