EG Fender Tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
I'm looking to replace my driver's side front fender of my 94' Coupe. It seems that someone thought it would be fine to hit it in a parking lot, and then drive away. Anyways, the door is fine, and the top of the fender seems to be aliagned well enough to allow me to do it myself.

I know the fender is held on by a series of 10mm bolts on the top and the sides, and is attached to the bumber cover by a fastener. I've removed the bumer and fender liner before, so I know how that goes. I only have a few questions.

There is one (1) bolt that seems to be below the fender panel line, attached behind the quarter panel skirt. I know I'm going to need to get at that bolt. i just want to know how much trouble it's going to give me. If i DO need to remove the skirt, does anyone know how exactly it should be done?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure a lot of you have done work with your fenders, so I thought this would be a good question.

they are all easily accessible. Open the door remove the 2 behind it, the 5 (i think) on top and the one on the bumper and it should come right off.

YOu have to remove the side skirt....Bump the front skirt with your palm or a rubber mallet..It has to slide backwards it will slide back about 1 to 2"s and will come off.There will be a 10mm bolt there at the bottum of the fender.Plus the the bolts in the front of the door jamb....To put the skirt back on you need to take all the clips on the car offslide them back in place in the side skirt and pop it back on the car...Its really easyand not as hard as it sounds...

i dont think i ever took the sideskirts off to get mine off..It's been a while since i did but I know when I attempted to paint the front end I know I didn't take it off.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 13 2005, 11:56 AM
i dont think i ever took the sideskirts off to get mine off..It's been a while since i did but I know when I attempted to paint the front end I know I didn't take it off.
[post=460370]Quoted post[/post]​

You're going to have to pull the skirts- I have a fender sitting in my garage right now, and there's clearly a bolt point that goes under the side skirt.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to take the rocker cover off also. I'm not sure what style they are but there usually is about 6 "clips" along the bottom you have to take off and then you have to push the rocker cover forward to the the clips on the inside to release. As for the fender, there is 10mm bolts along the hood gap (3-4) one inside the door jamb by the A pillar, one down by the rocker and then another one or two where the fender meets the bumper/radiator support.

i really dont think u need too...lol

I went down stair and I think I can get to every bolt without removing it. And I'm 100% sure I've never taken them off and I've had the fenders off. I'd pull em off but I'm too lazy to move the car to open the door wide enough.

Yeah you can usually get by by prying them out and using a ratcheting wrench but if you dont have them it's easier to just take it off.

Thanks for the input. I actually took a look today, and there is room in there for a wrench or a ratcheting wrench. I was a little weary of taking off the skirt, for fear of breaking tabs, pins, and other Honda-specific, expensive fasteners.

Let me know if you're able to do it easily without pulling the side skirts. I need to replace both of my fenders soon, and I'd like to do it while taking apart as little as possible.

Back