$35,000 choices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
So what do yall like in the price range.

Ive driven the STi, Evo MR, 350z Track, G35, TL.

Im leaning towards the Evo MR for the pure fact that it drives like a RWD car, but its 4WD and a decent spool up speed. Im thinking of just chipping it up to 320 and havin some real fun. What is everyone elses opinion?

I have an 05 Evo 8 GSR. Best car I've driven; buy the Evo, you'll be happy. :)

You'll need more than just a chip to get to 320 though. I have turbo back exhaust, chip and manual boost controller. With that I made 253whp on a mustang dyno. This is about 30whp gain over the stock Evo's on that same dyno.

Sorry for the threadjack..But I test drove a WRX yesterday . I was VERY dissappointed. I expected much more. Not only is the car tiny, but its much less then poweful than i thought. 227 HP should have felt nice, that one didn't. The 5k lb Audi could probably keep up with it. I believe it was an 03 with 30k miles. Then I went to the Suburu Dealer and test drove an 04 STi, now THAT was a fun car.

350z or g35. i love those cars. drive nice as hell too.

STi, for sure. I'd stay away from buying a previously modded car, especially one THAT heavily modded (sorry B ).

On 92civic's threadjack, I can agree. The WRX, in stock form, is not very impressive. There are many restrictions in both the intake and exhaust that need to be taken care of, along with some sort of ECU remap to take advantage of the mods. Three catalytic converters bog the car down, and the turbo suffers BECAUSE OF the cats.

With basic bolt-ons and a custom tune from Vishnu, I made 253 ft-lbs and 260 hp on the stock turbo. :) Yes, WTQ/WHP.

Well i love the evo in corners and in daily driving practices, i was just wondering if i might have missed something in my testing. To slush, why do you love the G35, it had too much body roll for my taste, and the engine had some noticable lag (probably drive by wire) for a N/A engine

spend a few extra grand (like 5k) and maybe a 300c srt-8 will suit you, if not maybe a volvo s60 R, infiniti m45 (k, thats like 10 grand more), subaru legacy 2.5 turbo (boost controller, exhaust, fmic will get you over 300hp). if i had that money, id get a infiniti fx35, or a big dp on a fx45....or maybe a land rover lr3...... but thats just me. personally, fuck the tl, why is that even in there?

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 10 2005, 01:42 PM
Well i love the evo in corners and in daily driving practices, i was just wondering if i might have missed something in my testing. To slush, why do you love the G35, it had too much body roll for my taste, and the engine had some noticable lag (probably drive by wire) for a N/A engine
[post=538393]Quoted post[/post]​

its more of just a fast luxury car in my mind. besides i only drive them at work so i dont get on them to much.....that often.

I did, on certain test drives. i beat the lving hell out of that WRX. I was expecting so much more, so I pushed it even harder. Then I drove the STi, it was too pretty to beat on too much.

Go away...look at the cars ive listed. With the exception of the TL and the G35, all the cars are geared for running time attack stuff rather than 1/4 mile. I drove the TL because my mom's bf has one...it was okay, but would have been better RWD...with that much torque steer i should stay with the lude. I drove the G35 because of its history...gotta test a skyline. I forgot about the S2000...i love those cars...but i wouldnt have tires........ever.

I really am leaning toward the Evo...anyone have anything bad to say (especially since it has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that will hopefully replace the turbo at 60,000 miles)

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 10 2005, 05:10 PM
I really am leaning toward the Evo...anyone have anything bad to say (especially since it has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that will hopefully replace the turbo at 60,000 miles)
[post=538592]Quoted post[/post]​

I have nothing but praise for mine after driving it for 25,000 miles. Its even more fun on the road course :)

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 10 2005, 08:10 PM
Go away...look at the cars ive listed. With the exception of the TL and the G35, all the cars are geared for running time attack stuff rather than 1/4 mile.
[post=538592]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, even though my suggestion was mostly a joke... you have GOT to be kidding me, right?

The 03-04 Cobra will turn the skidpad at .90 g's. It has IRS, it's built for cornering just as much as it is going down the 1/4 mile.

The G35 does the skidpad with .92g's, and you don't even want to know how badly the heavier FWD TL does it in compared to the G35 and Cobra...

the G35 is still the overall, best "Car" for being a "car". Not the fastest, tightest cornering, blah blah. But I think I would rather "own" the G35.

-> Steve

Something about it.. it's a more ... significant... car.

hope that 10 year warrenty lasts good with a dwindling company. also, when you mod the car, bye bye warrenty. i want a Z. so thats my choice.

Easy, 350Z base.

DO NOT get a track model.

G35 is a great car but most people I know that own them always wish they got the the Z. Its more sporty, looks better, and is faster all around.

Only other car on the list that stands out to me is the STI it's a great car however you will always be looked at as if you drive a kids car.

EVO is iffy. I like them but I dont trust the company behind them. Any BS reason they can find to void your warrenty THEY WILL.

If this car is a daily driver that will get used in the winter months I would get the STI hands down.

If I didnt have a garage I would own an STI right now. however since I do have a garage I own the 350Z and love it to death.

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 10 2005, 06:22 PM
hope that 10 year warrenty lasts good with a dwindling company. also, when you mod the car, bye bye warrenty. i want a Z. so thats my choice.
[post=538629]Quoted post[/post]​

And lets believe everything we read in the intr4net.

Totally depends on your relationship with said dealer, just like EVERY other car company. The dealer I got mine through is not so uptight.

Back