Selling Stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I recently posted a gfx card for sale here and not many people seem interested. Anyway, I posted on a computer forum and people are willing to buy it. However, Im not sure to go about this. If paypal is preferred, does it cost anything to set it up? Is there a fee? Also, does it sound like im too sketchy when I prefer them to mail the check first and after it clears, I will mail the item whatever way they want it too? Im just really skeptical about people on different forums that I dont trust so well. I can't afford being scammed right now, especially if its $150 bucks.

Well thanks guys.

Quoted post[/post]]
I recently posted a gfx card for sale here and not many people seem interested. Anyway, I posted on a computer forum and people are willing to buy it. However, Im not sure to go about this. If paypal is preferred, does it cost anything to set it up? Is there a fee? Also, does it sound like im too sketchy when I prefer them to mail the check first and after it clears, I will mail the item whatever way they want it too? Im just really skeptical about people on different forums that I dont trust so well. I can't afford being scammed right now, especially if its $150 bucks.

Well thanks guys.

Id go with ebay to be honest with you.. I have no clue about online selling and stuff..

Guys?

if you don't have paypal set up, say so. it requires a statement savings or a checking account IF you want to pull funds out. otherwise, you can just use that money to buy other stuff from people who take paypal.

DO NOT take a personal check. it costs like 50 cents for someone to get a bank check or money order...
do not ship until you have it and it clears.

avoid postal money orders-- there's fakes been going around...

-also Paypal doesn't cost anything to set up/pay out to other people, but if they're sending *you* a payment, they take a small %

let see.. no personal check, no money order, and pay pal takes 3% plus 30 cents, how the heck do i get paid then? im not making very much money, if any at all, if i do pay pal. i paid 125 for the item and selling it for 150 shipped, but shipping is like $20 for the graphics card, so ill really end up making 5 bucks. then pay pal well just that in the end... fuck..

what about regular money order? you know for the store? like 25 cents to buy, or is that postal too? fucking shit man, selling stuff online doesnt net shit.. no wonder people scam.. :ph34r:

if they can't get a money order, they don't have the cash. fuck them. find someone else to buy it.

postal- you actually buy and cash at the post office. its not like a normal MO.

i would honestly set up a paypal account man, its much safier and more reliable

do you have a CC? and a bank account?
do you use your credit card?

whenever i sell something using paypal it just offsets my CC bill for the month
and 3% is pretty much what EVERY merchant accepting credit cards has to pay so you get the ability to accept CC payments without the hassle of having a CC recieving account and all that bullshit...

and if there's a certified/money order out there, its been counterfeited...
i would rather lose 3% than risking losing 150

and 20 bucks to ship??? wtf?
USPS.gov

priority mail > *

hey thanks for the tips everyone.

imma go ahead and go with pay pal. i have an account from ebay, can i use that to accept payments? how will i do that? also, can the buyer re-track money after i ship it?

anyway, thanks for the help.

Quoted post[/post]]
if you don't have paypal set up, say so. it requires a statement savings or a checking account IF you want to pull funds out. otherwise, you can just use that money to buy other stuff from people who take paypal.

DO NOT take a personal check. it costs like 50 cents for someone to get a bank check or money order...
do not ship until you have it and it clears.

avoid postal money orders-- there's fakes been going around...

:werd:

Paypal is safe, but it takes forever. I prefer to send non postal money orders.

Quoted post[/post]]
what does it mean, it takes forever?

fuck if i know, its instant for me. lol

it takes 3 biz days to withdrawl to your attached account though.

but liek i said, you can always use it to spend on other things, or even hook up your credit cards for billpay and just dump it to credit your CC acount

Back