Bad Fuel Pump?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

So, i think my fuel pump is fried, changed main relay, all fuses are good, dont hear the "whine" when the key is on the on position. I think it may have gotten fried when i was extending the wires for my map sensor to use a map sensor mounted on the throttle body on my skunk2, i was re-wiring it when i lost a wire and it touched the positive terminal of the battery, causing a spark.
Is there any other ideas of things to check first?

My dad checked some things online thismorning and we will check out a few things electrically before going and replacing this bastard.

look for the possitive wire on the pump harness and just tap it and run 12v to it.... it should turn on with out a ground...its grounded on the pump housing in the tank...

With mine, someone did something, and it's grounded to the chassis, theres a wire nut near the housing in the interior, and a wire runs to a bolt for a ground.

okay just tap into the positive wire on the harness....and it should turn on if not....do the oil thing...never heard of it but try it

this might be a stupid question but if u touched the positive terminal and seen a spark and now ur pump doesnt run did u check the main battery fuse to see if its blown. if u already have disregard and listen to those guys

Ive checked all the fuses, my ecu is fried, ordered a new one, because the led light stays on, and you can see where the solders are broken.

Back