bagging the Ranger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
Day 1:

i started bagging the Ranger this weekend starting with the rear. we (my room mate and i) got a late start because i didnt get off work until 9pm EST on saturday. i pull the truck into the shop and got to taking stuff apart. first, i pulled the plastic bedliner out and me and wes (my room mate) took it outside to get to the bolts that hold hold the bed onto the frame. they were a bitch to take out but we got them done thanks to the help of a little PB Blaster. picture of bed off truck:

med_gallery_16_548_159498.jpg

after we got the bed off we proceeded to take off the spare tire and then the crossmember by grinding the rivets off that was under the bed. dont worry, i have a bridge kit that will strengthen the rear up like it should. picture of taking the crossmember off:

med_gallery_16_548_96857.jpg

after getting the crossmember off we took out the rear away bar, the shocks and the leaf springs. picture of all that stuff removed:

med_gallery_16_548_106905.jpg

after getting the leaf springs off we took them apart to mono leaf it and then put the mono leafs back on. we decided to call it a night after getting that done because it was roughly 3am because we were both tired and hungry and decided to go to IHOP for some food and coffeee. anywho, we are going back today (sunday) to get ALOT more done and hopefully be dragging the rear VERY soon. more pics and whatever else coming as we make progress.

i cant belive that you were thruping starks all over the cab like that i hope you plan on painting it

good luck i loved my old ranger.

Quoted post[/post]]
i cant belive that you were thruping starks all over the cab like that i hope you plan on painting it

good luck i loved my old ranger.

It looked like Wes was the one doing that. and unless it's his truck, Wes don't give two shits about the paint. lol

make your sammiches, throw your laundry in and roll on down. we will be there all night

Day 2:

day 2 started off slow. me and my room mate got to the shop and i started to grind on the frame to get ready for the notches. after grounding we test fitted the notch to see how it would look and the proper placement of it. pic below of test fitting notch:

med_gallery_16_548_30009.jpg

after doing some measuring and making sure the notches were level and straight, we tack welded them in and removed the clamps. after tack welding them, we then welded them good and solid and then added the top piece of the notch after we had to cut them down to make them fit. pic below of welded notches:

med_gallery_16_548_92698.jpg

we decided to take a break and just for something to do, one of the guys in the shop has a set of 13" wire wheels and decided to put one in the wheel wells of my bed since the bed was off. it doesnt look bad but im not much for 13" wire wheels. heres a pic of what it looked like:

med_gallery_16_548_89673.jpg

after goofing off for awhile, it was time to cut the frame where we put the notches at using a sawzall. heres a picture of my buddy Jason doing some cutting on the frame:

med_gallery_16_548_25282.jpg

and heres what it looks like after cutting. you cant really tell much in this pic but you can sort of see it:

med_gallery_16_548_9699.jpg

and while we were doing stuff to my truck, we started shaving and relocated the tailgate handle. we were running out of welding gas when we were doing the welding on the filler plate. anyway, heres a pic:

med_gallery_16_548_50622.jpg

we still have plenty left to do, but my room mate said something about getting some lowering blocks so the ass end will get on the ground before we mount the bags. i coudlnt get those because i didnt have the money to and so those will have to wait till this coming weekend. thats all we got done this weekend. i think we got quite a bit done and im satisfied so far. more to come this weekend after we do more work.

cool shit. i was thinking of getting an s10 and bagging it... but i said no...

goo luck

they are sturdy. i still have the inside part of the notch to weld up, add the bridge bars that connect the notches together to tighten the frame up and make nice and sturdy.

Quoted post[/post]]
they are sturdy. i still have the inside part of the notch to weld up, add the bridge bars that connect the notches together to tighten the frame up and make nice and sturdy.

sturdy =\= safe...

i dunno, if they work they work...

everytime I've done it (or helped do it, rather) we used 3 pieces of tubing //=\\ something like that...

just make sure it's safe, dude...

because you literally dragging the back end OFF of your truck would almost dwarf all the dumbass stuff I've done in the past.

actually, on second thought, you minitrucker guys might get off to dragging the back end off your truck...

carry on

Yeah, they like that. :wink:

Those C notches look good enough to me.

Day 2.75 (monday evening):

got the inner part of the notch welded in and then my room mate decided to just cut 2 holes in bed where the notches are and painted my notches green (which i wish he painted black but fuck it). well i drove the truck for a week, and where the differential sits, every time i hit a bump it would hit the underside of the bed. after a week of driving it put a nasty dent on the underside of the bed and not to mention is quite nerve racking to hear it hit when i drive down the road...LOL.

Day 3 (friday night):

well day 3 went kinda slow cause i didnt wanna do anything hardly...LOL. i had my room mate cut out the middle section of the bed so the differential wouldnt hit it anymore and added a breather filter for the differential. heres a pic of it:

med_gallery_16_548_22820.jpg

after that was done, the tires (which wer rubbing something really bad in the bed) me and my friend James took out the inner fender guards and my room mate Wes found what was hitting. there is a lip that had to be bent up and small tab on the fender taht had to be trimmed off. got those done.

me and James decided to mount the brain part of my switchbox up. i took the drivers side seat and he took the center console out so we could remove it to mount the brain for the switchbox. got it and took and screwed the brain onto the back part of the console that sits closest to rear part of the cab. James then put the console back in with the switchbox brain attached and then i put the drivers seat back in. heres a pic of the switchbox brain:

med_gallery_16_548_18436.jpg

thats all we did that night.

oh and last week i also mounted my gauges and gauge pod. heres a pic of those since i forgot to post about them:

med_gallery_16_548_122371.jpg

:thumbsup: looks good.. now let see the pic of the truck dumped out..

Back