time to buy a new laptop... choices?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
my laptop is a year old, just got the battery replaced due to recall (it was re-badged from sony)

current :

acer aspire 5672 purchase price $1300 new
core 2 duo 2.0ghz (upgraded from core duo 1.66ghz)
1gb ram
100gb hdd
15.4 wide
512mb ati radeon video

to this perhaps?
CDW Product Specifications: Sony VAIO FE870E/H

anyone have any other decently powerful 15.4 wide laptops under 1500 feel free to post them.

dell? hahahahaha /wrists.

im not getting rid of it because of something bad. its like a trade-in. sell this one, get a new one with a warranty :)

i dont' think i'll ever buy another computer that cost more than $900. just not necessary the way technology advances.

you also don't work in the internet.

personally, i wouldn't spend more than 300 on a computer if all i did was post online and check email...

Viao's imo are overpriced.... and i really dislike sony.

honestly, i don't see the need to upgrade what you have, as nearly everything in that price range is the same thing, or worse.
not much has changed to laptops in a year and change

I cant see me getting rid of mine... mine is 18 months old and still not one issue. Plus it keeps up with most current desktops. Of course i do have a 2.2 GHZ centrino, so no dual core but it was like the month before dual core came to laptops. I wont be buying a computer for a long long time to come. And yes.. its the Dell :)

20 months going strong on my dell.

It's a baby one though, 12.1 " 700m on a 1.8 centrino. But I love her to death.

I cant see me getting rid of mine... mine is 18 months old and still not one issue. Plus it keeps up with most current desktops. Of course i do have a 2.2 GHZ centrino, so no dual core but it was like the month before dual core came to laptops. I wont be buying a computer for a long long time to come. And yes.. its the Dell :)
I did the same thing, bought mine last february, then checked back a few weeks later and all of them were changed to Core Duo. I wish i woulda waited a little bit. actually i wish i wouldn't have even got a dell, this thing is slower than my desktop from back in 2002.

Back