CT Autocross Events 9/27-28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by number9@Sep 28 2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys. It was great seeing everybody there.

Hopefully next Sunday will be dry!

hopefully it wont be dry! :lol:

2nd place H stock 44.1xx.

i had a great time in the rain, although i was ill prepared. if i had a better understanding of the track (fawk the brakes next week) i could have had 1st. it was only .7 sec margin.

goes to show that even an underskilled driver in a car he can drive gets good results. looks like deja-vu all over again! :D

then again, the fact that i had the only car that didnt break traction whenever the accellerator was pressed helped out.

I could have been first if no one showed up.

-> Steve

But I looked DAMNED good at it!

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 28 2003, 06:04 PM
But I looked DAMNED good at it!

So you had a good hair day then Steve? Oh wait, the helmet would have been covering it up... ;)

j/k....

And congrats to the Hondaswap crew! You guys did us us all real proud, and in the rain too! And yay to my 14" Azeni's... that helped get Chris his 2nd place finish, once he stopped going off course. ;) :p

... that helped get Chris his 2nd place finish, once he stopped going off course.

" I don't need to do the walk-through!"

Man, Chris looked like he was searching for a parking place at the mall.

The course looked frightening at first, but turned out to be cake. It was really a Turbo / RWD (drift) course. Had the track been dry, I could see Clayton going faster.

On a brighter note - the CRX handled exquisitely. It didn't grip - but handling is a bit different than grip. I could handle the car, and the car responded as expected through the maneuvers. Believe it or not, my best run was my first - The one that I did slowly to memorize the track. I got worse and worse as I began to experiment with the car.

But now that I know how the car is on the track, I should start racking up some good times. I took a rule from "The Book of Chip" (I believe it was Chip, it was passed on from Clayton) about speed, hard maneuvers and times.

Hard maneuvers and flicks and flings should be used sparingly.

-> Steve

I think this was my last rain event though. Nothing was dry, regardless of our efforts.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 28 2003, 08:35 PM
" I don't need to do the walk-through!"

Wasn't Chris still working on his brakes, which caused him to miss walking the course? It's not like he chose eating breakfast over learning it...
I took a rule from "The Book of Chip" (I believe it was Chip, it was passed on from Clayton) about speed, hard maneuvers and times.

Hard maneuvers and flicks and flings should be used sparingly.

That sounds like Chip quote. lol. I think that you have the aggressive part down pat. I think that you need to work on your "smoothness" also.
I think this was my last rain event though. Nothing was dry, regardless of our efforts.

So did your CD changer get wet then? :(

I'm not very smooth, No. I'm a showman and will do anything to get the ridiculous flinging and skidding to work. When I do the smooth run, I get great times but it's not as fun. Not as fun to look at either. Something I learned in retrospect with the 260Z. It was a bastard on the course, it was difficult to handle - But everyone watched that thing and while I came in dead last - I actually had a ton of fun trying to keep a lid on it and getting the response that I got.

I've had many chances on the road to prove my car-control techniques. It's a rare opportunity to get out on the track and do things that are completely illegal and mostly stupid. Just to do it. I live near a curve that is very similar to some really tight chicanes at some tracks. But when I detect a touch of slide, I'm corrected before I get out of hand. Sometimes I wonder ".... What if I....."

So I go cone-hunting.

The CD changer will be fine. It's comparable to leaving your trunk open or your windows open (since it sits behind the driver's seat in the CRX). But yeah, it was soaked.

-> Steve

WET WET WET WET.....I hate the rain...nothing but traction issues today...If it was a dry day...I would have rocked...but instead...I was sliding more out there today than I did in the Z down at a drfting event...

Had fun though, but everything of mine is wet...and I still have to get my friggen tools dry...as soon as I got home...it was lights out...

Now to prep for next weeks festivities....2 days of drifting and autocrossing..

Steve..where did you go...?

Oh you know... when you blew that red light, I didn't follow suit. Now, as you can imagine a traffic at the entrance of a McDonald's doesn't get much priority. I waited. And Waited. Then I turned left and proceeded to spin my tires and slide my ass end home.

But on the way I checked out that lovely NX2000. White, SE-R (of course) with a 5 speed. Yummy.

Then I got tired. Went home. Fought off getting a flu. The end.

Figured you would go home and go to sleep anyway.. Shit, I was tired I could only imagine your shape on the highway.

-> Steve

I'm really glad that everyone made it home okay this afternoon. ALL of us were sleep-deprived and the rain made driving home alot more stressful. Fortunatedly for me, all weekend the accidents and resulting traffic tie-ups were always on the other side of the highways. pheww!!!

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 29 2003, 01:12 AM

But on the way I checked out that lovely NX2000. White, SE-R (of course) with a 5 speed. Yummy.

i saw that!!! it was so sweet! didnt look like an NX at first glance due to the kit, but the lights gave it away. :D

i have a hard time finding parking spots at the mall, but it was cake after the 3rd run. that track ruled.

I think we finally ended the discussion about how 14' azenis really are in the rain. :p

Back